With any event, the important is to lay a solid foundation – determining what the event will be, how it fits in with your overall strategy to promote the Association, how it can work best, and what theme, if any, you want to have for it (themed events often are more popular – see our Program Development & Promotion page for further information).
This is not event planning – it is event pre-planning, and you can work with us in our capacity as event consultants to ensure it happens properly, and thereby ensures a successful event. Working with you, we can:
- Develop an overall theme to ensure your event is seen as current
- Prepare, issue and compile responses to requests for proposals for venues, accommodation, catering, audio-visual and other suppliers to lay the groundwork for a successful event
- Ensure venues are compliant with government accessibility requirements
- Create a workplan framework for your event, with deadlines for individual tasks, to ensure all activities are coordinated and provide a measurement tool for progress
- Develop and monitor a budget and sponsorship plan.
- Design an exhibitor package, if you are having a tradeshow as part of the event